Saturday, May 7, 2011

Nana Time!!


Since my motherhood overlapped my grandmotherhood, I get the best of both worlds.

I was invited to Isaac's Mother's Day Tea at the beautiful Deer Valley resort. The food was scrumptious and the service amazing. Isaac goes to a school that prepares them, from kindergarten, for a life on the slopes. He learned to ski during the winter and how to wait tables in the spring--Look out Uncle Zac and Uncle Trevor-your competition is in the wings!
Cheryl, I got my five servings of fruits and veggies at the tea!!
In case you can't read Heather's placemat. It says,"She needs a new car because ours is getting stinky--and she smells like vegetables--very chic if you are a granola girl I would say!
I could live at Deer Valley!
The rest of these pictures were taken with blurry eyes and a runny nose as I tried to capture my last afternoon with the boys together for a while.
To every season turn, turn, turn...

Dog Pile....(I hope not anyway)

I am one lucky Mom and Nana--more of my Mother's Day ramblings can be found at ColleenDown.com

8 comments:

Chelsea said...

beautiful:)

Cathy G said...

Wow, the things you learn. I will have to stand closer to Heather and see what vegetable she smells like! Being a grandma is the best! I was thinking with your mixed emotions of joy of being a grandma and the pain of them moving away that Charles Dickins was right, "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times!"

Anonymous said...

You are the best Nana-Mom in the universe!--Katelyn

Cheryl said...

How fun for you!!! I'm glad you got to go to the tea. I'm especially glad you documented that placemat as that is a classic.

Happy Mother's Day on all your levels.

Cheryl said...

Oh, I can't believe I didn't comment on your eating of multiple fruits and vegetables. Way to go!!!

I just read the placemat to my kids. When it said that Heather smells like vegetables, Daniel said, "Well, that's a lot better than some other things he could have said she smells like!"

lulu said...

Sounds fun! I really wish I could send my kids to the school Drew & Isaac go to!
I also love the way Issac described Heather. Made me laugh.

Happy Mother's Day Aunt Colleen!!

jessica&john.com said...

Those pictures of the boys are so precious. They made me want to cry. James is definitely going to miss his cousins, aunts, uncles,and of course his number 1 Nana. I hope there will be lots more of these posts in the future. Somehow it helps lessen the pain of so much space.
I hope you had a nice mother's day.
P.S. Issac's placemat was hilarious.

Heather said...

I love the pictures of all the boys. It will be so sad having one less around.

Thanks for being a wonderful mom and nana.