Monday, May 23, 2011

Peace Like a River


The mountains shall bring peace to the people Ps. 72


We went to the mountains yesterday and stopped for church in Park City. Andy has been in a "funk" for the past several days, he wouldn't go to school, work or even special needs mutual. On the way to church, he was giving us all the silent treatment. On a lovely, spring morning we found ourselves at the Shepherd of Mountains Lutheran Church. It was small, but the stained glass windows looked out over a grove of aspen trees and it was almost like having church outside. When the music started a lady brought around a basket of percussion instruments. Andy chose a stick and washboard rhythm instrument. There was music, communion and a sweet sermon on prayer. The last song though was one I had never heard called "River of God" --the river of God sets your feet a dancin'. The music, the instruments...it touched Andy's soul...it touched my soul. Andy was smiling, Andy was singing, Andy was dancing, I was smiling. We left there with a little more bounce in our steps and music in our souls. (Andy even opened our car doors and let Katelyn ride shotgun--that never happens!) Oh, the power of the word!




We spent the rest of the day taking pictures of rivers a little closer to home!
When I die, please bury me here!

The Provo river is a rushin'

Spring has only begun to sprung in the mountains!

3 comments:

jessica&john.com said...

Wow, Those flowers are so pretty. That is one of the many things I love about the mountains. They are first to get fall and last to ring in spring. They help prolong Utah's pretty seasons.
I am glad that Andy is out of his funk. Music revitalizes my soul too. I llllllllooooove all of these posts. Please always post these and I promise to keep coming home.
P.S. I like your deep posts too and am patiently waiting for your next.

Heather said...

I'm glad Andy is feeling better. What a beautiful way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

Where is it exactly that you want to be buried (just for reference way way way down the road).

Cathy G said...

That is a great song and the video is amazing...but I also love your pictures of rivers. There is something about rivers and running water that brings me peace! I am glad Andy is happier, I have been thinking about him and hoping the conflict would go away!