Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Achy, Breaky Hearts



My sweet sister, sensing that I was having a rough day, brought me a "bleeding heart" to plant in my garden. It is one of my very favorite plants. As I was setting it in the ground, I thought, "I wish that these lasted longer." It is such a fragile plant with an extremely short life cycle. Then I wiped away my tears as I realized that nature was sending me a message in the language of flowers. Snows melt, clouds lift, the rain eventually stops and bleeding hearts quickly pass away.

"Weeping may endure for the night, but joy cometh in the morning" Psalms 30:5

7 comments:

Heather said...

So true.

Chelsea said...

I love the picture of tulips and snow! thank you for your kind words:)

Michelle Wilkes said...

Good thing to keep in mind. Flowers are such pretty metaphors. I will try to remember that these nasty wind and dust storms here will not last... (right?)

Cathy G said...

Maybe the blossoms don't last long, but mine keeps coming back and blooming every year...just like our children, they will keep coming back!

cap said...

:( don't be sad. Lets go to dinner this week. I think I still have the house number somewhere if not, I'll ask zac for your phone number. It was good to see you at church the other day especially since I consider you one of my mothers.

Cheryl said...

I just wish I were the thoughtful sister who'd brought the flowers! Way to go, Cathy. We've all been thinking of you and wishing you the best. I hope Jessica's new adventures open doors for you too as you travel to meet up with her!

jessica&john.com said...

Mom, you need to write a coffee table book about flowers and deep thoughts. With pictures from your garden.
Maybe next time I visit I will bring sunflowers to counteract the bleeding hearts:)