Sunday, May 29, 2011

Party On Dudes!!


May is a big month for birthdays in our family (interpreted as September was when all the kids went back in school :-) We started the week celebrating Drew's Big Number 8--I have been a Nana for 8 years!!

Since this picture was taken one week ago-Drew has become a champion Ripster--I really have never seen anything quite like it!
Maybe we will just start calling him Hot Wheels!
Hot Wheel Jr.
Next we celebrate the "Fab Four"
Tradition!! Driver's license cakes for everyone
Maybe I should have Cheryl make me a cake of my Progressive policy--a spoonful of sugar helps the premium go down!
An act of love on Aunt Cheryl's part--our" labor" 16 years ago is nothing compared to her labor in bringing forth three cakes in one day (thank goodness Chelsea helped midwife)

"The Amazonian Sisters" playing together since 4:00 p.m.

Andy and Tauna serenading the crowd--and each other!

Somewhere over the rainbow-the sun is shining-Fortunately the rain held off long enough to party. Thank goodness for our new patio heaters!


The Bad Boys of Summer!
The Good Girls of Spring-all grown up
What would I do with my new bar-be-que without Uncle Mike--we learned that veggie burgers don't flip like beef!
There are so many more birthdays in May--Happy Birthday to my son-in law John Gregory, basking in the warmth of the Bahamas, my brother-in-law Dave Down--living on the road with Steve, my darling niece Lindsey-- turning 21 and getting ready for another summer in Spain and my nephew Adam-working hard in South Carolina. Happy Birthday everyone--whew-I need a nap!

7 comments:

jessica&john.com said...

Mom, Wow...What a party...and a post! Thanks being so on top of blogging so I wouldn't feel so left out. I am still sad I missed it though. It looked like such a fun night. You have always been the cool mom when it comes to parties. I still remember my sweet 16. You made it one to remember.
Katelyn, I love your hair and your outfit!
Aunt Cheryl, Those cakes are amazing! Such a sweet b-day present for the birthday duo. You always know how to make people feel special. I can't wait to see Daniels fun b-day so please post too.

Heather said...

Whoa, there are more May babies than I realized when you list them all at once. It was a fun party and I too am grateful for the patio heaters

Missy said...

Looks like you know how to throw a party! And I am impressed you know who all the May birthdays are!

cathyg said...

Oops! That was me on Missy's account!

lulu said...

thank you! i'm glad i was able to make it to the party... it was so fun to be with everyone!

Katelyn said...

Thanks again for the amazing party! I'm so glad that you made me do it :)

cap said...

had such a good time! thanks for letting me be apart of it all. :)