Sunday, January 6, 2013

Walking in Winter Wonderland....



A few days after Christmas, I headed up to the cabin. I was a little apprehensive opening the door because I knew people had been there for the last week. Boy was I surprised!! The house was spotless.


A gorgeous, Rockefeller sized tree filled the living room. Pine filled the air!


A bouquet of Christmas flowers was on the table and candy was in the tree shaped dishes! It was almost magical and brought a tear to my eye. Heather and her boys decided to stay and enjoy the work-free atmosphere.


A full moon added a "luster of midday to object below!


One "glitch" that turned out to be "atmosphere" is that the power went out.  We spent the evening by candlelight, listening to Dave strum the guitar. Although, as the evening wore on and the temperature plummeted--we wondered who was going to have to stay up and keep the fire going!


Luke found a warm place to rest!


 Heather's new found crocheting skill helped keep Charlotte warm--and fashionable!


The next day the sun came out, the temperature warmed up and everyone hit the slope--Steve and I even got in a few hours of cross country skiing!




 And should the power go out again. Jake and Luke have made their own crib to stay in--some kids just never grow up!


2 comments:

Cathy G said...

who created all the magic in the cabin?? What a great surprise! It looks beautiful!

jessica&john.com said...

I love the icicle pics. There is nothing like coming upon an unexpected Christmas tree (that is why I might leave mine up till march:) I will always remember when you and dad decorated a huge tree in the middle of the night and the surprise we had before school that morning. It is the little things at Christmas time that mean the most.