Saturday, January 26, 2013

Fifty Shades of Grey...


January in any Mountain State can present its own set of challenges, but when an inversion sets in and you do not see the sun for several weeks in a row even the most optimistic souls can find it difficult to cope.



 Looking out my window this morning at my neighbor's bird feeders, I thought to myself maybe there is even something beautiful about the color gray....so I slipped on my coat, grabbed my camera and went out to see if I could find anything to be happy about on this foggy, dismal day!


I was pleasantly surprised...and even found a little magic to fill my color deprivation




Up above the haze and fog--my mind began to clear!







And descending back into it, I realized that grey just is....just like discouragement and depression...it isn't bad or good or permanent. It is just one more color in the crayons of life...



And if you take the time to get up close and really look at it...it even has a beauty of its own.















And sometimes, when we least expect it, mother nature rewards the seeking and quiet soul.








Two nights ago, the moon was dancing with Jupiter....one more smile on a very cold night!

5 comments:

Cathy G said...

That was a great tour of gray!! Seriously, I am impressed that you decided to embrace it and see what you could find! I have spent too much time looking at the big picture and not liking it! You found some amazing shots and the deer are beautiful...where did you go??

Cyndi said...

Beautiful photography! I suppose if white is the prescence of all the colors and black is the absence of them, then grey is simply a softening. A chance to retreat and strive for beauty. Your words and photos have encouraged me not to judge where I am at this point, since you are right, depression is simply a state, neither good nor bad and it can be fleeting like the fog. Love to you!

Heather said...

Those are beautiful.

jessica&john.com said...

I love that pictures can make life more pollyanna-ish. These really are beautiful. It is like you are living in an Ansel Adams. I am almost excited to leave our gorgeous weather for all that muck;)

Laura Sellars said...

Thank you for helping me look at things differently. I keep thinking about opposition in all things and how much I will appreciate the next clear, sunny day. Our heater went out for a couple of days this last week and now my furnace is my new best friend...I almost kissed it! I appreciated your beautiful pictures and message.