Wednesday, August 8, 2012

"The Happiest-er Place on Earth"-Sea World!


Since I was a little girl, San Diego has been one of my favorite get-aways...and Sea World one of the happiest places for me. This last trip was no exception. It is one of those places, like fine wine, that gets better with age!


SeaWorld circa 1970--hey I got a pretty good picture of Shamu and that is back when you only had 12 shots on a roll of film to capture the moment!

So are they all called Shamu? hmmm



It thrills me as much today as when I was ten!



It was much easier spending the day keeping track of these two....


...than the day I took everyone when Katelyn was a few months old! (But, even that was a good memory...I just don't know how I kept track of Andy!)

I wish I had a tide pool in my garden.


We got there just in time to take the flamingos for a walk!


Aaaah, Flipper!


And Clyde!


Orange and green-my new favorite combo



I could have stayed in here for hours :-)


SeaWorld is a gardeners delight--I took lots of pictures of how I want my garden next year!


 SeaWorld-Orlando circa 2000!
 (What was with the socks at SeaWorld?)



I am developing a whole new appreciation for color as I keep taking art classes!


The lovely view from the San Diego Hilton Hotel


I used PicMonkey for my pictures for the first time today--it is always fun to try something new!

4 comments:

jessica&john.com said...

I too am such a fan of all things dorsal:) I can't believe I only live 4 hours from Sea World San Antonio. If I wasn't as big as Shamu right now I'd drive down there for my birthday. I love all your old pics. It is funny, it is hard to tell they are old since everyone is retro-fying their photos these days. You captured some amazing shots on this last trip. Flipper looks so photogenic. Oh Geese...Check out my hair in the 90's. Circa is such a scary thing. Bless the Brazilian blowout. My hair doesn't do well in humidity. Thanks so much for your comment and referencing me on Facebook. I wasn't sure if I should push publish, because I don't want to sound preachy. Anyway, I am so glad you take the time to blog. Your blog is also such a huge blessing in my life and always brings a smile. Hopefully I will be able to have a copy of it in books someday too. Love you!

Heather said...

Do you think there will ever come a time that I will be glad you didn't burn all the pictures of me in Jr high? I doubt it. I didn't realize you had such an affinity for marine life, but I agree, it is all rather awe-inspiring.

Chelsea said...

Great post and pics ;))

Cathy G said...

Love it! So fun to see all the Sea World visits over the years! When you get the tide pool in your backyard let me know, I will come visit!