Sunday, July 29, 2012

Everything is Beachy Keen!


Relax!
 

I have finally reached the point in life where a vacation IS a vacation and not just repeating my regular routine in a different location. This time it was lots of rest and relaxation.

We stayed at the lovely Mandalay Bay in Oxnard, CA 

...with a beautiful view of the ocean.

 This where I set up camp, my idea of Heaven is sitting poolside, with a nice man bringing me food and drinks, a good book and no tab! Hey maybe I was there--except for the tab part!

 Lucky me--Jake and Katelyn have always shared my love of the sun and a good book--on a Kindle of course!




We did have to get in a little exercise--after all we were laying around in swimsuits. One day I took a Yoga class on the beach...now that is an exercise program I could stick with.



And then there is the Boogie Boarding, in some pretty wild waves I might add. I even caught a few of my own--no pictures, just imagine it!

Steve and Katelyn have decided they are "beach people." Jake and I are still "mountain people" but we love to visit.


Fortunately, Katelyn is going to write a bestselling murder mystery and buy us one of these so we can visit her often.

Will it start with a dead arab sheik's body being found on the beach?



No one stares when you have just one boy and one girl and go to the continental breakfast in the morning and look like you waited until you were forty to start your family.


If we did have to leave the hotel--to shop for Katelyn's beach house-we did it in style-Flintstone style!


These trees fascinated us--palm/pines--for the mixed orientation family-beach people and mountain people!


Jake and Katelyn wanted to catch a few waves down the road in Oceanside (I am REALLY not a "public beach" person I decided. )

Aaaah, everyone is a beach person at sunset!


And on paper, I can have it all!

(Next blog...San Diego)

5 comments:

jessica&john.com said...

Thanks for the vicarious vacation to the beach. It looks so relaxing! I wish I could have joined you.
I am starting to understand the staring thing. I feel like I get lots of stares toting three kids along with being pregnant. I can't imagine hauling seven around. I think I am a mountain and beach person 50/50. I love your photo collage at the end. So creative.

Cheryl said...

I'm glad I got to see this little glimpse of what you are up to. It looks like a great place. I hope that someday I've figure out that 'relax' part!

lulu said...

Looked like the perfect get-away!! Fun Pictures :)

Chelsea said...

love their curls!!! and the yummy beaches!!!

Cathy G said...

Relaxing vacations are awesome! Great pictures! Thanks for sharing!