Monday, August 20, 2012

This Is The Place!


My art teacher mentioned that she had moved back to Salt Lake City from New York City because she loved the mountains and she loved watching Salt Lake "come of age." Spending the past couple of weekends downtown with my family in SLC, is helping me to appreciate what my teacher meant--Salt Lake is growing up, changing and developing a more urban vibrancy!




There is no better place to come face to face with the diversity in the city than the Saturday morning Farmer's Market!


  Katelyn is falling in love with city life and I am afraid when she graduates in May it won't be long before she will be a Miss Katelyn Downtown!



Trevor has lived in the City for the past couple of years and seems to know the art and music scene --and their sponsors well!



Hey, we have piano and a bicycle--there are so many ways to make a living in this world!

Father and Son outing!


My favorite things at the Farmer's Market-flowers!

I know these guys--they play the drums for the African Dance Class on Saturday morning!


Trevor's pad

His cool and might I add very clean kitchen!

A women's touch in the dining area--the girls keep it homey and Trevor keeps them safe!


We spend our Sundays downtown too! I love these buildings!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I love downtown too. I don't get to go down nearly often enough. Thanks for the virtual tour.

jessica&john.com said...

Great pictures mom! I love the one of Katelyn. Trevs apartment looks so hip and clean. The farmers market makes me miss fall and fresh garden veggies in Utah. I hope you had a great rest of your b-day. Love you!