Monday, February 27, 2012

Soul Sisters

So, a few days ago, I was visiting my favorite non-family blogger, Kelle Hampton's site. I have always loved Kelle, even though I could be her mother...well maybe a very young mother. I feel a kindred spirit in her and not only because we are mothers to children who have Down Syndrome. She has a similar view of life that I would like to incorporate more into my own--minus all the work that it must take for her to accomplish what she does:-) So there I was, scrolling along, when I saw it....OMG, Kelle had a Make-It Book or at least a page from the Make-It book, one of my all-time childhood favorites. I ran to the storage room and under old yearbooks and college papers there it was...a little worse for the wear, but still full of the same exciting images and feelings that made me want to be a homemaker--long before Pinterest! It just made me feel like Anne of Green Gables when she found her best friend Diana!






A children's classic of the 1950's and 60's complete with gender friendly role models! Girls knit--boys build birdhouses (I always wanted to build the birdhouse)



 My mom helped me to put on this very same Valentine party one year!


If we buy ten copies of her book, she will have a "video chat" with us--that would be fun!

So I Googled Kelle Hampton and up pops a picture of Andy--the internet makes it a small, small world!

3 comments:

Cathy G said...

I haven't gone to the blog yet, but if you like her I am sure I will, too! Hey, we could each buy a book and have our video chat at a Derby Girls lunch! Let me know how to get a copy!

jessica&john.com said...

I have thought often how you ladies relate in your writing styles. It was crazy how she blogged about the Valentine's dance right after you too. So many similarities. I am all for buying ten books for a chance to chat!

Michelle Wilkes said...

What a sweet little book! That is so cool that you have it. I've seen people frame pictures from similar books, and other cute craft projects. The graphics are so cute, I can see why.
And funny thing, a friend showed me how to knit today, and I thought I should teach my kids some of those things. Thanks for sharing.