Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Steamboat


We made the trip from the Wasatch Front to the Back side of the Rockies this past weekend. There is something about the mountains that is embedded in my DNA and obviously I passed it on to my boys. Like a salmon swimming upstream to an old spawning ground, Trevor has returned to the Rocky Mountain High of his Grandpa Ussery. There was something about seeing the peaks that brought back a flood of childhood memories. I spent so much time there as a child and it still moves something deep inside of me, so many, many memories!


The mountain air obviously agrees with Trevor--he seems really happy--and who wouldn't be, he skis for a living!

Steamboat and Park City--twinners

This is as close as I got to Trevor's apartment-he said he thought about cleaning but a fresh powder day diverted his attention!






It is called Steamboat Springs for a reason--oh how I would love to have my own personal hot springs!



Katelyn and I really need to go back and ski--it was a perfect day, unfortunately it was the day we were headed home!



T-shirts for all--we always eat better and shop better when we take Dad along for the ride!

So the ride home was rather non-descript-lots of oil wells and big skies; however, antelope, buffalo, bald eagles and lots of deer break up the boring parts.


This is for Jessica--it makes me a little carsick to watch--but in the words of Zac "Fresh PowPow"




4 comments:

jessica&john.com said...

I want to jump on the boat, Steamboat that is. Oh how I love a good vicarious vacation. thanks for taking me along through your blog. I am so glad Trev has found his rocky mountain high. Loved this post!

Cathy G said...

Wow! Great video! I love your pictures, too. Jessica isn't the only one with a good eye! Looks like a fun trip.

Cheryl said...

What a fun trip! I'm glad you got to see Trevor and a beautiful place. I hope you get to go back in the summer 'cause I bet it's particularly pretty then.

Chelsea said...

Beautiful! I kinda miss the snow reading this :)