Monday, February 20, 2012

Something old, something new, something pink....


For our "Derby Girls" lunch, everyone was asked to try something "new" that they hadn't made before. This gave me a good excuse to try and learn to make macaroons. I fell in love in Paris and have wanted to attempt them ever since...now I had the motivation. It is so hard to attempt "clumsy" in a age when you prefer "mastery," but I keep attempting it and am finding that I am getting more comfortable in my neo-kindergarten stage of life. Bon Apetite!







Cathy, of course, mastered the table!



Something new, was little Brynlee--pretty in pink!


Cheryl, came up with the most amazing "new" salsa made out of grapes--we need recipes ladies-- and a cajun shrimp that was to die for--and drink for, it was spicy!


Cheryl, getting "old" needed to try my "new" glasses to read the recipe!


Charlotte--soon to be the "newest" Derby Girl with Heather and Eli!



Welcome Merrile!! She is presenting us with Romney's first attempt at rolls--whoa, some people can move from clumsy to mastery in just a matter of minutes!

5 comments:

Heather said...

As always, it was a fabulous Derby Girl lunch and I think you mastered those macaroons pretty fast yourself. They were divine.

jessica&john.com said...

All that food looks amazing. Your macroons look perfect. I wish I was there instead of spread eagle. I can almost taste the yummy food. Thanks for helping me feel like I am still part of the club by posting pics. love you.

Michelle Wilkes said...

How does one become a Derby girl? Cause that looks yummy and fun!

Cathy G said...

Glad to see someone documenting our day! I thought your macaroons were perfect, way beyond my new soup recipe! I love your girls' lunches!

Cheryl said...

I just barely saw this post. It was an awesome lunch as usual. I loved, loved the macaroons. You underestimate your abilities sometimes! I really like the pictures and your descriptions because it captured the fun 'newness' of it all. Thanks for representing us well. Oh, and feel free to practice some more macaroons on me any time you want.