Wednesday, November 7, 2012

This is the House that Love Built!


This week Andy and Co. moved into their new clubhouse and oh what a place it is. When we opened the door, the tears just kept coming....I can't even type this without welling up again!
 Even the front door puts a smile on my face. It is perfect--just perfect in every way!


Each little nook, each little cranny just overflows with love and also everyone's favorites!

 Beau smiling brightly in front of  the beautiful, gorgeous, sparkling kitchen....and it is theirs. Their dishwasher to unload, their table to set, their meal to enjoy....and I love that before each meal they toast their great lives!
 A huge backyard, concrete is about to be poured for a patio and barbeque, a garden plot and a lawn to mow!

Kathy, Dane's mom and Dane--"In this very room, there is quite enough love for everyone!"


And the real reason I tear up when I walk through the door is that this home, this Friend's Clubhouse is a lesson to me of the power of a dream, the power of prayer and faith and hope and friendship and the power of good women who want to make a difference. I have shared my heart with these ladies and in deep, late-night conversations we have shared our souls and struggles and hopes. Kathy and Stacy have been surrogate mothers to Andy and love him like he was their own--and in more ways than one he is their own. I have learned to trust more, believe deeper and laugh harder because of this wonderful experience. FriendsClubhouse  is about more than just the adults who attend each day. It has catered to my special needs too!

7 comments:

jessica&john.com said...

This should be on the cover of Better Homes and Gardens because what is better than a house built by love. That just sounded cheesy, but it is true. I love the bright color door and artwork. And the kitchen is gorgeous. I am so grateful for Andy's teachers and everyone who contributed their resources. It makes me happy to see Andy so happy.

Cathy G said...

I love the house! It is fun to see pictures and how it is all coming together! We have to go shopping for chairs (or whatever else you think they need!)

BubbaRooster said...

Colleen, we have a living room sofa, about 7' long that you could have after our farewell on Nov. 25. Is there room for it? Let me know.
Bubba

Heather said...

I love it. What a miracle.

Darby said...

Thank you so much for posting pictures of the new clubhouse! I am Beau's sister way out in New Hampshire and have been hearing so much about this great place it was nice to finally see some pictures! It is truly an amazing home run by some amazing women!

Darby said...

Thank you so much for posting pictures of the new clubhouse! I am Beau's sister way out in New Hampshire and have been hearing so much about this great place it was nice to finally see some pictures! It is truly an amazing home run by some amazing women!

ColleenDown said...

Thanks for dropping by Darby!! I feel like I know you as your Mom and I have grown close over the past couple of years....also I have heard MANY a conversation with you and Beau from this end of the line. Hopefully our paths will cross soon!