Sunday, October 21, 2012

Clinging to Fall.....



We are clinging to the last beautiful days of fall and tried to squeeze the last drops of warm weather out of a weekend in the mountains.
 The sky always captures me and this time the stars were phenomenal--only I can't take pictures of them. We happened to hit the Orionid meteor shower so I made Jake get up in the wee hours of the morning to watch it with me--in the freezing cold--but so worth it!

 My friend Rachelle came for a couple of days--which meant we ate very well and hiked the day away.

Nobletts---as beautiful as ever sans the stinging nettle-this is the time of year to hike it!


My little lesson from mother nature--the pine beetle has decimated so many trees, it is painful to see how many trees have fallen, but then again the forest floor is alive with new growth. I need to remember this when "beetles" attack--new growth is not far behind to replace it!




 
The aspen trunks are so much more white and vivid when the leaves have fallen.



Andy said, "This is a good hike, it makes me happy!" My thoughts exactly

 One last stand of gold on the mountain.

Drew is no longer one of the boys--he is a man now!

Go, Go Power Rangers! (Although this weekend Captain America seemed to be the Super Hero of choice.)

Eli won every time--hmmm!

Smore, please!


Eli wants to remind grandpa that he will be turning five and needs his own BB gun!

I love having everyone in the same room at night!


Uncle Zac put a "game camera" in the tree--it is fun to see what is on it in the morning!


Speaking of hunting, at the crack of dawn Isaac was in his camouflage and out stalking deer--good thing they double as pajamas

One more view from the camera--look out for Isaac Bambi!


 Not so wild life--these two have bonded ( I have to post these pictures to drive my girls crazy!)


6 comments:

Michelle Wilkes said...

Wow, it's so peaceful and pretty there... although I admit that I would have a hard time relaxing knowing those boys had access to guns...

lulu said...

Such pretty pictures of the season & cute pictures of your grand kids! I can't believe Eli is turning five!!

Cathy G said...

It looks so beautiful! I thought of you several times this weekend and wished I had just driven up to visit! Love the animal videos, too!

Heather said...

Thanks for taking the boys this weekend. They haven't stopped talking about what a great time they had, and I finally got a much needed nap.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful life!

jessica&john.com said...

This is the fourth time I've visited this post to enjoy the fresh mountain air, so I thought I better tell you I stopped by. The cabin looks better than ever, I love the golden leaves, and the animal cams are awesome. Like always, thanks for taking time to make me feel not so far away.