Wednesday, September 21, 2011

If you chance to meet a frown.....

spend a day with Andy!
I took Andy to school today and was ask to bring home this work of art which had been entered in the State Fair Art contest, who knew?? I have smiled every time I have walked past it today. And yes, that is a blue ribbon.

And besides that, if Duchamp could get a place in the Tate with a urinal, I can only imagine the possibilities for Andy...
And he is the only income producing artist in the family!!
With the joy Andy brings me, when I spend the day with this group of men my heart sings!!

7 comments:

jessica&john.com said...

Ahhh, this made my morning. I miss Andy so much it hurts. His teachers are so great to enter him in the fair. That sculpture cracked me up. It really looks like something you would see in a modern art museum. I think Andy had found his calling.
Thanks so much for the Halloween decor link. I love it!

Heather said...

I love a good ready-made. That was awesome. What is Andy going to do with his prize money?

Cathy G said...

Way to go, Andy! Keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

Oh this made my day! I love Andy!

Chelsea said...

ahh all the memories of andy and i going to special needs mutual! he would always show up 45 min early :) miss that sweetheart

Cheryl said...

I can think of a few places where that would be the perfect decor. Well done, Andy!

Michelle Wilkes said...

Good job Andy! Brought back some memories of entering the fair and winning when I was a teenager. So exciting... but I don't remember prize money. way to go!