Saturday, December 22, 2012

Deck the Halls





"Tis the season of shopping, wrapping, eating, running, decorating, eating, making a list, eating, checking it twice, cleaning, company and eating a little more. There wasn't a lot of picture taking going on--sorry Jessica.  I did want to let everyone know I am thinking of all of you and wishing you the happiest holiday!

No matter how busy, I do find myself stopping for a few minutes each day to watch the birdfeeder (although, somedays I feel horrible when I realize I am chumming dinner for the cat!)

These are ladies who understand most what it takes to make an "Ussery" Christmas because we all inherited the same "falalala" gene!
 We did get to rest one evening, at the beautiful Riverwoods in Provo, with my Mom as we celebrated her birthday dinner. The moon on the breast of the new fallen snow gave a luster of midday to all of us below!

Cathy, how did I miss noticing your cute purse that night--love it!


Did I mention eating!! La Jolla Grill--a new favorite!



And our annual Derby Girl lunch was another Christmas memory! Lots of food, fun and generosity as everyone donated to Andy's Friends Clubhouse--thank you, thank you ladies!


Cheryl always has a "creative" Christmas house from the gingerbread Christmas card, to the lego Christmas village to the Food Bank Christmas tree--you never know what is around the next corner-thanks for being the "hostess with the mostess" this year!


 Charlotte, one the Derby Girls--third generation--was the hit of the party!

 

And Jessica and Rissy got to attend through the miracle of cyberspace--not exactly the same as being there but still a miracle!


Watch out Charlotte--you probably inherited the Christmas gene too! It makes you smile in red.


Draper Park is all all lit up "like a Christmas tree" and has provided a lot of smiles and even one romantic walk with my sweetheart this year!




Besides the birds, this Christmas cactus, a fresh tree and my poinsettias are the part of Christmas that make me slow down, just for a moment and "smell the pines!"

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.....a yeah, we will be up all night...good luck my fellow "ladies of the evening!"


4 comments:

Cathy G said...

It is all so beautiful! You decorate, hostess and document! Thanks for all the fun spent together the last week or so! Have a Merry Christmas!

Heather said...

I think "Christmas" is one of your many talents! Love you!

jessica&john.com said...

This post made my Christmas. It is so true, no one does Christmas like you! I prefer seeing the spread of food from the derby lunch on the blurry web cam. Seeing a clear pic makes my mouth water. Love all the pics. I keep coming back to this post.

Cheryl said...

I don't know how I missed this post before tonight, but those are some great pictures! Thanks for recording our memories and making it all look so great. I appreciate your love of Christmas and the way you share the joy of it all. It's good to be an Ussery/Derby girl! Love you.