Sunday, May 13, 2012

When we're helping were happy.....

According to the book The Five Love Languages (which I have always taken with a grain of salt) my love language is "acts of service" and nothing says, " I love you Mom" more than having a tool in your hand. My kids must really love me this year! And we love Heather, too! We had a great time helping her get ready for little Charlotte and also spending the day together as a family--although Jessica and Zac were sorely missed, but there in spirit!

Love you Mom!

Love you Mom!

Love you Sweetheart!
 Love you Mom!
 I don't need a Mom, but I will still vacuum and help Heather!
 The "Spirit" was present all day! (And so was Karsten--love you Mom!)
 A BooBoo story after Eli fell and had a booboo!
 I got to do the fun stuff!
 Heather and Charlotte looking so chic!
And the rest of the pictures are for Jessica so she can see how darling everything is--we are ALL so ready!



Only a Nana knows how this guy warms my heart and puts a smile on my face--my first grandson and boy does he know how to work!

6 comments:

jessica&john.com said...

It is so nice to be there in spirit (and via blog post) and not have to break a sweat. Ha ha... the caption under Andy cracked me up. It looks like you got a lot accomplished. It is amazing what a big family can get done when they work together.
I LOVE Heather's nursery...The quilt, the bedspread, the pictures...So precious! Happy mom's day. Love you! P.S. My phone just died when we were talking. Sorry.

Heather said...

I can't tell you what a wonderful feeling it is to walk around and enjoy the fruit of everyone's labor. It is wonderful to be so loved!

Cheryl said...

The Andy picture is another priceless Mother's Day memory. I can't believe how cute the nursery looks. How fun!!! Heather and her amazing quilting skills strike again.

Colleen, I have seen you brighten so many, many lives over the years because you love to plant and you love to share that gift with others. What an awesome thing to do. Kudos to you (especially coming from one who does not have the gift of the green thumb and an eye for beautiful plants.)

Cathy G said...

What a great way to spend time together! I, too, loved Andy's caption! Can't wait to meet Charlotte!

Michelle Wilkes said...

Thanks for posting the pictures of the nursery! I've been wanting to see it! Wish you could all come to my house. Andy can take over my vacuum!

Trevor said...

I don't like that there is a picture of my car without its bra on....