Wednesday, November 11, 2009

To Blog or Not to Blog

After a very long break from the blogging world and many early morning arguments with myself, I decided that yes, I like blogging and yes, maybe I will try it again.  I am almost to the end of three years of intense Discussion Board time at school; discussing such pertinent and exciting issues as the feud between Philip IV and Pope Boniface and “should we return to a gold standard?” I am afraid I am about to go through cyberspace friend withdrawals. I need a place to put the thoughts that keep me awake at night. I need somewhere to sort out the questions that keep me standing in the shower until the water runs cold. Besides, I bought a very expensive camera and I might even want to post a picture someday. That part is actually more intimidating for me that thinking of something to write. But, I am going to conquer my fears, I am going to find the USB cord, I am going to download!

            I have pondered long and hard, o.k. for a little while, about what I wanted to blog about. Katelyn is so sensitive these days about the cute things she says, whatever!! Jacob hates it when I post those cute pictures of him asleep on his blanky. So, I guess that I am left with a lot of posts about the dog or posting about the random thoughts that constantly fill my head.  If you are really interested in the dog let me know, otherwise it looks like you are stuck with my sometimes coherent, sometimes not, ponderings as I try to make sense of this crazy experience called life. They will, however, be my thoughts and maybe through them you will get a tiny peek into my soul.

 I am adding one caveat on this, my second round of blogging.  This is a “private blog.” You have invited yourself here.  I have set no filters (like I would know how to do that anyway). You will have to be your own filter.  If you don’t want to read what I am writing, I totally understand. C Jane is a much better writer anyway. Hopefully though, it will be a place where, like the classes I am leaving, we can have honest and respectful discussions and share ideas with each other, even when we disagree.  If you don’t want to discuss, then just lurk. Lurking is a wonderful thing and I will never know if you have been here or not. If you don’t want to lurk—well then, that is just weird-kind of like not looking when you go by an accident on the freeway.  Anyway, welcome back friends, here I go again—meanwhile, I still have three weeks of school and today Dante and I are stuck in purgatory. I’ll let you know as soon as we are out! 

5 comments:

jessica&john.com said...

hallelujah! I've missed your posts. I'm glad your back in blogging business:)!

Chelsea said...

I am so excited!!!! I check daily to see if you have a post!!! I love your words and your soul!

Heather said...

Welcome back!

cathyg said...

Shoot! Does this mean I have to come back??? Seriously, I am glad you are back and I will definitely lurk here! I always love to read what you have to say!

Cheryl said...

Glad to have you back. I think we're all trying to figure out this thing we call life.