Friday, December 23, 2011

'Twas the night, before the night, before Christmas...



And I was feeling a little guilty for not posting a single holiday picture for Jessica who has been so diligent all season...so here is what I have


 I am still trying to figure out how to "shoot the moon" but the early morning eclipse started this magical month spectacularly!

There is never a shortage of new tastes and textures at a Derby Girl event--my first persimmons!

Derby Girls and Dude gather to celebrate in style.


Christmas Tree sleepover sent Luke straight to Dog Heaven!


So being a sleepover and all....a couple "pranksters" decided that they wanted to toilet paper their first house, just like their dad had told them he had done when he had sleepovers. First they made sure Nana and Grandpa were fast asleep and then they went to work....and being the frugal toilet papers they were they covered the house..one sheet at a time...even Joseph was in on the fun!


And meanwhile, on the porch the cat and a couple of reindeer were obviously casing the joint for the big night!


Trying to get rid of some pre-Christmas energy--it didn't work


Baking Christmas cookies became more boy friendly when we found the Ninja Turtle cookie cutters!
 



The halls are decked, the baking baked, the gifts "almost" wrapped and Mrs. Claus is getting older. (I told Heather, I wish there was more time to just sit and enjoy the season without quite so much work, but still have the decorating and food....she replied, "so what you are saying is you want to be a husband!")





Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night..... (well for a few hours anyway)

7 comments:

Heather said...

Thanks for doing so much work to make Christmas special for my boys (since I have been too tired). Does making ninja turtle sugar cookies make pink floral jammies more boy-friendly? I'm sure Jake would say no.

Chelsea said...

i love the pink jammies! it shows hes open to all colours:) Ty's fav colour is pink! merry christmas

jessica&john.com said...

I'll be back to comment more but for now, THANK YOU!

jessica&john.com said...

I love the pictures. Especially your new header, the moon eclipse, and your Christmas decor. I am sad James is missing out on the Christmas cousin sleepover. We will just have to make it next year. I love their toilet paper job. It was very green:) And I am so glad James isn't the only one with a girly side-love Eli's p.j.s
Merry Christmas Eve!!! Let's do web cam:) P.S. I miss your Christmas spread.

Cathy G said...

Beautiful pictures and so much fun to see what you are doing! I am afraid I would have to post Christmas in January and no one with be interested then! I hope you had a Merry Christmas! Thanks for hostessing the Derby Girls Lunch, your home was beautiful!

Cheryl said...

Your words and your pictures tell a great story. Thanks for making such great moments and then sharing them with us. Your pictures are so much more artistic than mine! And it makes me want to share int eh Christmas fun. Merry Christmas!

Michelle Wilkes said...

I agree with Heather. I would like to be a husband. I heard on the radio that men look forward to the holidays as a time to relax... RELAX?!? Well, sure... if you didn't have to do ANY shopping, baking, wrapping, decorating, picture taking... oh, ya, I get it now. I would like Christmas better if I was a man.