Sunday, July 17, 2011

Draper Days!!


This post is for Jessica and Trevor because we missed you....


The chairs have been out for a record two weeks--the anticipation has been building. The new thing on the block is the number of motorhomes staking out spots. My neighbor tried to keep a sense of humor when two families parked their motor homes on her lawn, but we all felt that building a campfire the night before was crossing the line!
Heather and the boys came the night before and we all headed to the park-thank goodness for the new extension of the Porter Rockwell Trail, it is a perfectly straight shot!
Little boys--frogs and snails and puppy dog tails!


And girls are still sugar and spice and everything nice!



The full moon could not be captured on film but it was certainly spectacular!



As Dad likes to point out.. the parade is Groundhog day--same spot, same treats, same floats, same Alta Cheerleaders, same neighbors, same politicians....I just love having something constant in my life!

Look at this picture with the little boy right above Katelyn's head. Katelyn said when the parade was over and everyone was gathering their things, the mother was instructing her children on what they should do if they ever got lost. She asked the little boy, "What do you say when someone asks you where you are from?" "Africa?" he replied. "No" she said, "Riverton!"
Swimming
Napping
And a couple oldie, goldie bands at the park, fireworks and a very late party with Zac and his Draper Dragon friends and another Draper Days has come and gone. I wonder if we need to put the chairs out for next year?

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

I loved the description of the parade! That's how we feel about the Oakley parade on the 4th of July. I have never been the 24th of July parade, but I love the small town ones! Glad you enjoyed the party. Oh, and the fire definitely crossed the line!

jessica&john.com said...

Thanks so much mom! It's so amazing how blogs can work as a transporter. I feel like I spent the weekend with the fam at Draper Days. I can almost taste the muffins you probably made for the parade:)
I hate how I can't capture the magnitude of the moon with my camera either. I need to figure that one out.
Love the post. Thanks for easing my homesickness.

Heather said...

Well, next year I'll be sure to bring the trailer to park in front of New Hope. Do you think Jeri would let us use her bathroom?

Draper Days is classic. It wasn't the same without my sibs though.

cap said...

looks like fun! I love how all the cities have their days, it makes you feel apart of the community more and feel prideful of the city you live cuz you can compare how fun their days are lol ;)

Chelsea said...

memories of draper days.... thanks for bringing up some good memories! the lawn chair situation is out of control LOL we have the same problem here for the bathtub races! and silly boat regatta! you should google it, it is epic:)

Cathy G said...

I love family traditions you can count on! Looks like fun!