Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Me and Mr. Mac



It is back to school today but at ten times the speed on my new MacBook Pro. In addition to my new computer, I also got Mac’s One to One service which hooks me up with one of those highly intelligent beings who inhabit all Mac stores. Geeky guys in matching t-shirts, girls with cat-eye glasses and pierced noses, men wearing turbans; oh, how I love them all. There is just nothing like pulling a stool up to the Genius Bar at the end (beginning) of the day and discussing I-Chat and my Finder menu. Perhaps it is only a thrill that can be understood by my fellow bar mates. Sometimes the generation ahead bemoans the one behind and wonders if the world is going to hell in a handbasket. An hour at the Mac store with the bright young minds of tomorrow, always reassures me that things are going to turn out fine. And is it just a coincidence that my One to One homeboy’s name is Adam? Sharing an Apple together has opened my mind to endless possibilities. Thanks Steve, for making my life a lot easier and a lot more fun.



3 comments:

jessica&john.com said...

I am jealous of your new mac daddy!
Thanks for watching James. Love you!

Heather said...

I always feel so smug when I watch the mac commercials with the nerdy PC guy. It makes me feel like I am part of the cool crowd.

Tim said...

Oops, this is Cathy, I didn't know Tim was signed in! Your new computer sounds awesome! I know nothing of chat bars but glad it works for you! good luck in your final semester and writing the paper!