Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Thou Shalt Not Steal!

Whoa, just learned my lesson.  There I was in the middle of the big paper when I lost  my internet service.  After trying all the usual, I called Qwest where I was politely informed by "Jack" in India that a criminal such as myself would no longer have access to the Internet.  Someone in our home had downloaded copyrighted material. Of course, I knew it was one of my boys pirating a song or something.  After an hour of chit/chat between me and New Dehli, I was told that when I removed the offending material I would be given a second chance on the world wide web.  They sent me an email instructing me what needed to be changed.  Lo and behold, my Donny picture was contraband. Like Tiger, I have learned my lessons this week, if you are going to post a picture of your idol, make sure that you are legally and lawfully married to them! (Maybe this explains the comments in Japanese I have been receiving lately too!)

4 comments:

Dave said...

Holy uptight batman! I'm feeling very nervous since I sent out a funny email with Donny in his '80's Paso outfit. Now I'm going to need to talk with "Mike" if I get shut down.

cathyg said...

Wow! Big Brother IS watching! Can't they just make it so you can't cut and paste a copyrighted picture! If they can track down the person who has the picture on their blog, you think they could just block it in the first place! Did you get your big paper back or did it get lost in the world wide web???

Heather said...

Wow, I had no idea that could happen. I'm surprised no one has shut down my blog for a certain picture of a certain famous person. Maybe I should go delete a post or two.

Cheryl said...

I made Dale explain this whole thing to me 'cause I had no idea they could track something like that! I'm with Cathy -- why can't they just make it so you can't copy it? I'm sure sorry for the unnecessary stress in the midst of your major paper. I sure hope the next couple of days go better!