Saturday, January 19, 2008

Oh Rats!

After a long day of sitting around in my pajamas reading, writing and trying to absorb 400 years of Chinese history it seemed only fitting that I should order out for Chinese food. (Really, after sitting around in my pajamas all day my children were giving me that look that says, "Are you ever going to feed us again?") When the little cardboard boxes of fried rice and egg rolls arrived they also contained a placemat with my Chinese horoscope. To my surprise I found out I was born in the year of the Rat. I also found out I am charming, passionate, charismatic, ambitious, highly organized, intelligent and cunning. What a wonderful thing to learn about yourself while you are eating dinner out of a cardboard box in your pajamas. And with one more assignment to finish before I can go to bed that placemat also gave me a name for my blog. So welcome to "The Year of the Rat!"

3 comments:

Lisa Eller said...

Pajamas, Chinese food, and hungry children. You've been to my house :)

Dave said...

This is drew: 4rtedrewssfgbhp.

This is Dave: My mother-in-law was born in the year of the rat....

Holly said...

I stumbled on your blog by way of my sister Marci's blog. You may or may not remember me, I'm Jan Kearl's oldest daughter, Holly. I hope you don't mind but I'm starting at the beginning and I'm going to be reading your posts when I get brief moments of free time.

I am not very good at this blogging thing. Yet for some reason I seemed to be obsessed by it. So here I am trying to learn from an expert! I hope some of your wit and writing talent will rub off on me!